Welcome to iBistro:
First City Libraries'
PLEASE NOTE: YOUR "USER ID" IS YOUR LIBRARY CARD BARCODE INCLUDING THE FIRST TEN DIGITS OF THE BARCODE NUMBER: 23427000 FOLLOWED BY YOUR UNIQUE LAST 6 DIGITS OF YOUR BARCODE. YOUR "PIN" IS THE LAST 6 NUMBERS OF YOUR LIBRARY CARD BARCODE. CALL THE KETCHIKAN PUBLIC LIBRARY IF YOU NEED HELP WITH YOUR USER ID OR PIN. phone: 225-3331
How to Search the Library Catalog
1. From the Search / Home
page, type in what you're looking for. The default search is a keyword
search, which searches all areas. Or you can limit the search to Author,
Title, Subject, Series or Periodical Title. You can also limit your search just to a specific
library's collection; the default is All, which searches all libraries.
2. For a more complex search, click on the box that says "Advanced
Search." In Advanced Search you can search by words in multiple categories
(Author, Title, Subject, Series), and you can narrow your search by limiting
it to a specific item type (audiobook, CD, DVD, video, book, etc.), category
(nonfiction, fiction) or reading level (adult, juvenile, young adult).
How to Read the Results
1. The list of books will include the book call number (which tells you
where to find the book in the library), the publication year, and
availability information. For more details about the book, click on the box
that says Details.
2. The bottom line for each item tells at which library the item is
available, if any (Ketchikan Public Library, Kayhi, etc.). If the item is checked out,
it will say "no copies currently available" and give an estimated wait
How to Place a Hold
1. From the search list, click on the box that says Place Hold for the
item you want to request. Or you can click the Details box, to see more
information about the item, then click Place Hold from the menu on the left.
2. Type in your User ID (your library card barcode) including all 14 digits starting with 23427000... and PIN (the default PIN
is last 6
digits of your library barcode). Choose which library you want to pick up
the book at.
3. Click on the box that says Place Hold. Another screen will appear
verifying your hold.
How to Renew Items
1. From any screen, click the link on the gray bar that says My
2. Click the link for Renew My Materials.
3. Type in your User ID (your library card barcode) including all 14 digits starting with 23427000... and PIN (the default PIN
is the last 6
digits of your library barcode).
4. Select which items you wish to renew or select Renew All. Click the box
that says Renew Selected Items.
5. A screen will appear verifying whether the items were renewed or not. If
they were renewed, the new due date will display. If the items were not
renewed, you will see the reason why.